Construction of the new Kamas Valley Branch of the Summit County Library is underway. This new facility will provide a community space that will benefit all ages, encompassing expanded library services, technology access, children’s, teen, and adult programs, and community and senior citizen events and gatherings. DMV and Health Department services will also be available in the facility.
The Friends of the Summit County Library is assisting the Library in fundraising efforts for the new facility. The Summit County Council approved funding of the new facility, but budgetary demands have limited the funding to the basic building structure. The Friends of the Summit County Library has a goal to raise $30,000 to help fund the following items not provided in the Library’s budget:
- Ten (10) new public computers & monitors ($8,000)
- Two (2) desktop publishing workstations ($4,000)
- Twelve (12) Chromebooks for Coding Club and other programming ($2,500)
- Laptop Charging Cart ($500)
- 3D Printer ($2,500)
- Prenda Coding Club License ($2,500)
- Microsoft Office suite for public computers ($480)
- Adobe Cloud Software ($1,000)
- Analog to Digital Video Converter ($75)
- VHS/DVD Player ($200)
- DVD/CD Ripbox ($500)
- Photo Scanner ($200)
- Lynda.com License (20 concurrent seats) ($7,000)
Your generous contribution will benefit the entire Kamas Valley Community for many years to come. Donors who contribute a minimum of $25.00 will be recognized on a donor’s recognition wall or plaque in the new facility.